Abutment Selection for Implant-supported Fixed Dental Prostheses
Time & Location
About the Event
Session Title: Abutment Selection for Implant-supported Fixed Dental Prostheses
Presenter: Ping Wang, BDS, PhD, DMD
Description: Implant abutment selection is an important step of the implant-prosthetic treatment. The emergence of numerous implant systems and various implant abutments can be confusing to novice and even experienced clinicians. This session will provide an overview of the best available evidence in literatures and discuss different implant abutment types, the various abutment materials, their clinical indications and to introduce a systematic approach in selecting abutments for implant-supported fixed dental prostheses.
After participating in this session, participants will be able to:
1) Understand the function of implant abutments and peri-implant mucosal seal.
2) Identify different types of implant abutments, different implant abutment materials and their indications.
3) Know what is in the current literature about cement-retained vs. screw-retained, prefabricated vs. custom-made, titanium vs. gold vs. zirconia abutments.
4) Select abutments based on prosthodontic indications and planning in a systematic and sequential method.
Intended Audience: General dentists, specialists and assistants who are involved in dental implant treatment
Presenter Bio: Ping Wang, BDS, PhD, DMD, is an Assistant Professor at Kornberg School of Dentistry and a fellow of International Team for Implantology (ITI). She completed her dental education and graduate training in Implantology in West China School of Stomatology, Sichuan University; ITI scholarship at Academic Center for Dentistry Amsterdam; International DMD program and AEGD residency from Kornberg School of Dentistry.
- Individual Session$75$750$0
- Individual Session (MBDS)$65$650$0
- Individual Session - Students$35$350$0
- Individual Session Non-Dentist$35$350$0