Diagnosis and Management Strategies for Common Oral Ulcerative Disorders
Time & Location
About the Event
Session Title: Diagnosis and Management Strategies for Common Oral Ulcerative Disorders
Presenter: Chizobam Idahosa, BDS, DDS, MS
Description: Oral ulcerative conditions include a wide range of lesions with different etiologies.
Some lesions have pathognomonic clinical features while others present with similar characteristics that make them more challenging to diagnose. Using a case-based format, this session will review the etiologic factors, clinical presentations, differential diagnosis, diagnostic techniques, and therapeutic management of oral ulcerative disorders commonly encountered in the dental setting.
After participating in this session, participants will be able to:
1) Take a detailed clinical history from patients with oral ulcerative lesions
2) Synthesize differential diagnosis lists for oral ulcerative disorders
3) Gain a better understanding of diagnostic techniques and modalities
4) Better manage common oral ulcerative disorders
5) Understand the importance of interdisciplinary management and indications for referral to medical and dental specialists
Intended Audience: General dentists, dental specialists, hygienists, dental assistants, ER physicians, family physicians
Presenter Bio: Dr. Chizobam Idahosa is a Diplomate of the American Academy of Oral Medicine. She is an Adjunct Clinical Assistant Professor of Oral Medicine at Temple University and has a private practice in Bucks County, Pennsylvania. Her clinical interests include the management of oral mucosal disorders, orofacial pain, and temporomandibular disorders.
- Individual Session$75$750$0
- Individual Session (MBDS)$65$650$0
- Individual Session - Students$35$350$0
- Individual Session Non-Dentist$35$350$0