Medication Related Osteonecrosis of the Jaw: An Update
Time & Location
About the Event
Session Title: Medication Related Osteonecrosis of the Jaw: An Update
Presenter: Mehran Hossaini, DMD
Description: We strive to improve the quality of our patients’ lives. Our patients need skillful dentists, not only for their technical expertise, but also for their understanding and ability to navigate the complexity of their overall health. The widespread use of bisphosphonates and other antriresorptive drugs have presented the oral healthcare providers with a number of challenges. These medications improve the patients’ quality of life, yet expose them to risks that can affect their oral health. The purpose of this course is to provide the audience with an update, and discuss the practical management of clinical manifestations that may be encountered in the care of these patients.
After participating in this session, participants will be able to:
1) List common antiresorptive drugs and their pharmaceutical characteristics
2) Describe common complications associated with antiresorptive drugs
3) Discuss the methods by which Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons can improve the care of patients on antiresorptive drugs
Intended Audience: General dentists, specialists, oral maxillofacial surgeons
Presenter Bio: Mehran Hossaini DMD Is Professor of Clinical Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, in the Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Pathology, Medicine and Surgery at Temple University School of Dentistry. He received his dental degree from the Oregon Health Sciences University, and completed his training in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery at the Brooklyn Hospital Center in New York. Prior to joining Temple University School of Dentistry, Dr. Hossaini was a Health Sciences Clinical Professor in the Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery at UCSF.
- Individual Session$75$750$0
- Individual Session (MBDS)$65$650$0
- Individual Session - Students$35$350$0
- Individual Session Non-Dentist$35$350$0